Sunday 2 November 2014

That Thing About Raw Oysters

Having been a Vancouverite, I'm not going to lie about how picky a foodie I am.  Once I mentioned I'm relocating to London, I immediately got asked about the food there.  Last week in London, I pretty much didn't eat for two days, ate burgers for three days and drank wine/gin and tonic for dinner for the remainder...(how do Londoners replace dinner with alcohol?)
Okay, I admit that I had macarons from Laduree and Pierre Herme and ice cream from Godiva on the same day...but this could only happen in London (and Paris, maybe Tokyo) so I had to!



(Taken at Godiva on Regent Street, the only Godiva store in London that has ice cream.)

In preparation for the land of not-so-much-decent-priced-good-food, my friend and I went to Rodney's in Yaletown for happy hour.  We ordered 48 raw oysters in total, some clams and an order of their New England Clam Chowder to share.  That was a good 24 oysters each!  


On my 15th one I really felt like I was going to be sick.  By the 18th one, both my friend and I were counting the empty shells on our plates to see how many more we had left to consume.  By the 24th one, I could pretty much live without raw osyters for a good half a month.  But, we are still planning to do this once more before December starts, so let me know if you're interested in joining us!

By the way, I do have a back up plan if my raw oysters craving does kick in while in London: fly charter to France for cheap seafood!



(Taken at Cafe de Turin in Nice)

*Note: Rodney's seriously has one of the most exceptional customer service teams in Vancouver!



No comments :

Post a Comment